Pages

Popular Posts

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Fuzzy Cocoa Cake

10 December 2013

Christmas is just around two weeks from now. Our house are also in the mood to prepare for coming Christmas. This week we tried to make some simple chocolate from both the chocolate bar and Hersey's cocoa powder.  When thinking of chocolates, it reminded me of my favourite steam cocoa cake that my aunt taught me. Hence, I enriched our baking activity with steam cocoa cake. And naturally, my friend come out with the idea to add in the unhardened chocolate that she had made on the previous day. Thus, we ended up making "chocolate lava cocoa cake"... 



                                             Different shaped black and white chocolates. 



Fresh baked cocoa cake


Christmas mood fuzzy cocoa cake



Cocoa cake recipe:
180 g butter
120 g sugar
200 g fresh milk 
2 eggs
100 g low-gluten flour
50 g cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder (substitute 1 tsp baking soda)

Methods:

1. Melt butter, sugar, fresh milk.
2. Let it cool.
3. Beat the egg one by one.
4. Add in the egg to the cooled butter mixture.
5. Gently add in flour, cocoa powder and baking powder (Make sure the flour is sieved before hand).
6. Transfer the well mixed batter in a tray and cover with aluminium foil.
7. Steam 45 minutes.
8. After steamed, cool the cake before cut it.
9. Add chocolate lava on top. 

P/S: To steam, please make sure the water is boiled before putting in your cake batter.


This cake looks a bit like the chocolate brownie to me. The differences between the two is brownie has hard and rough texture but this cocoa cake taste just like cake. And I like it well as I don't like harden cake. Feel free to try it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment